If you have any questions about this Policy or how we handle the information you provide to us, please contact us at https://odatomarketing.com/contact/.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Legitimate Interest
- Other Automatically-Gathered Information
- How We Use Personally Identifiable Information (PII) We Collect
- Third Parties
- Legally Required Releases of Information
- Security of Your Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- EU/UK Data (Data subject rights)
- Exercising Your Data Subject Rights
- External Links
- Business Transfers
- International Data Transfers
- Information About Children
- Contact Us
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to Odato Marketing Group that identifies you personally. Examples include, but are not limited to, your name, addresses, valid email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications. Odato Marketing Group may also request demographic information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
PII can also include information about any transactions (free and paid) that you enter into on the website and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Generally, you have control over the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our website. If we ask you to provide PII to comply with a legal requirement, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether or not the disclosure of your PII is mandatory or not (as well as the repercussions for non-disclosure).
PII is collected when you request information about our services; interact with our website forms/bots or customer service representatives; request delivery of white papers, ebooks, or other information; schedule a consultation, or otherwise voluntarily provide such information via our website.
You are free to explore our website without providing any PII about yourself. As a user, you can always refuse to supply PII with the understanding that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website initiatives.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Legitimate Interest
Odato Marketing Group may process PII or use it to communicate with you on the basis that doing so is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest, either to you or to us. We do so after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so
For example, Odato Marketing Group may process your data or communicate with you for any of the following purposes:
- Advertising and marketing to you, including sending promotional communications, targeted advertising and presenting you relevant offers based on information you have provided to us
- Operating our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our services, and conducting research
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- Responding to customer complaints or service requests
- Responding to unsolicited communications from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- Protecting and/or asserting the legal rights of any party
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
We will continue to use this information for one or more of these purposes until legitimate interest no longer exists or such use is unnecessary to achieve the legitimate interest.
Cookies & Tracking
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you do, your information won’t be tracked when you visit this website. A single cookie will be used in your browser to remember your preference not to be tracked. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to access some portions of our website.
Other Automatically-Gathered Information
We may automatically record non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website, including but not limited to the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. Our purpose for this is simply to analyze trends among our users to help improve our website or customize communications and/or information that you may receive from us.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information (PII) We Collect
In addition to uses identified elsewhere in this Policy, we may use your PII:
- To improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website
- To identify and authenticate users
- To facilitate transactions
- To contact you by phone or email
- To send relevant information or content to you that we think may be of interest by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business
- To promote use of our services and share promotional and informational content with you in accordance with your communication preferences
- To provide other companies with statistical information about our users—note that this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information, such as fulfilling a request for a consultation or providing access to content you have requested
- To meet legal requirements
We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personal information with these third parties except what is needed in connection with their performing services related to our website and services, which is covered by agreements not to use or share your information for their own use.
Odato Marketing Group may use third-party advertising providers including MNI, DoubleClick, or AppNexus, and similarly, social site advertising providers including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Advertising providers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to our site and other websites. We may use your data or cookies (see section on “Cookies”) in order to deliver you relevant advertising. If you would like to opt-out of this targeting, please contact us at https://odatomarketing.com/contact/.
Legally Required Releases of Information
Odato Marketing Group may be legally required to disclose your PII in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Odato Marketing Group
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Odato Marketing Group strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards personally identifiable information using appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures.
EU/UK Data (Data subject rights)
Odato Marketing Group is committed to protecting the information you provide us. We will make every effort to follow the standards of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act of 2018.
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under these data protection laws in relation to your PII:
- The right of access to your PII. This enables you to receive a copy of the PII Odato Marketing Group holds about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to rectification or to have us fix or update any incomplete or inaccurate data collected by Odato Marketing Group. We reserve the right to check the accuracy of any new data provided.
- The right to request erasure of PII. This enables you to ask Odato Marketing Group to delete or remove PII where the PII is no longer necessary relative to the purposes for which it was originally collected, where you have successfully exercised your right to place processing on hold, where you believe Odato Marketing Group may have processed your PII unlawfully, or where Odato Marketing Group must erase your PII in compliance with local law. Odato Marketing Group may be unable to comply with your request for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you at the time of your request.
- The right to object to the gathering of your PII where Odato Marketing Group is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Odato Marketing Group is gathering your PII for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Odato Marketing Group may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your PII which may override your rights and freedoms.
- The right to place the processing of your PII on hold. This enables you to ask Odato Marketing Group to pause the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (1) if you want Odato Marketing Group to establish the data’s accuracy; (2) where you believe Odato Marketing Group’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Odato Marketing Group to erase it; (3) where you need Odato Marketing Group to hold the data even if Odato Marketing Group no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (4) you have objected to Odato Marketing Group’s use of your data but Odato Marketing Group needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- The right to have your PII data exported in an easy to use/read format to you or to a third party. If data is requested, Odato Marketing Group will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your PII in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Odato Marketing Group to use or where Odato Marketing Group used the information to perform a contract with you.
- The right to object and withdraw consent at any time where Odato Marketing Group is relying on consent to gather your PII. This will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Odato Marketing Group may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Odato Marketing Group will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- The right to opt out where you believe entirely machine-made or automated decision-making have affected the way your PII was used.
Exercising Your Data Subject Rights
If you would like to exercise your data subject rights under applicable data protection laws, you can submit a request via our contact page.
In the same way, if you would like to withdraw consent/opt out of receiving promotional or marketing communications from Odato Marketing Group you can do this by using the unsubscribe link in our email communications or by contacting us via our contact page.
When we receive any request to withdraw consent, or to access, edit, or delete PII, we will first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is essential to safeguard your information.
We will attempt to respond and to make any requested changes within a reasonable time. Similarly, we request reasonable consideration regarding the number and complexity of data requests by our web visitors. In rare cases where data requests seem abusive or excessive, we may deny the request and/or as is our right, charge a small fee for each request to be completed.
If our business or its assets are acquired, user information may be acquired by a third party. Your use of our website acknowledges that such transfer may occur and that the acquirer of Odato Marketing Group may continue to use our data only in the manner set forth in this policy.
International Data Transfers
Information About Children
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.