Content Bubble Trouble?
In many industries, we’re in a content bubble. Now that most organizations understand the importance of using content to engage with customers, there’s a surplus. Your customers are experiencing a tsunami of blog posts, white papers, videos and more, and quality is inconsistent at best. You need more, and you need better.
Just look at these statistics from a recent study conducted by Hubspot
- 74 percent of marketers say content creation and automation are their top marketing priorities
- 55 percent of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority
- Companies that publish 16+ blog posts per month get almost 3.5 times more traffic than companies that publish zero to four monthly posts
- Including a video in a post increases organic traffic from search results by 157 percent
- 42 percent of companies are hiring a designated content strategist executive
- 47 percent of buyers view 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep
- 96 percent of B2B buyers want content with more input from industry thought leaders
That last statistic can be no surprise, as a lot of the content being published every day is, well… cheap. Which is why, if you want your content to rise above all the digital noise, it is important that you optimize the quality of your content by focusing on thought leadership, format and readability.
Build Your Content Strategy with Topic Clusters
The first step toward creating engaging thought leader content is to plan, and that goes beyond simply mapping your content on a calendar. You want to start by developing buyer personas so that you know exactly who you are targeting and how they will interact with your content at every stage of their buyer’s journey (awareness, consideration, decision).
Next, you need to be considering organic search while planning topics, because studies show that 70 to 80 percent of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. Nowadays, that means organizing your topics into topic clusters, which you can learn about in the video below:
Build Your Content Marketing Advantage with Video
One thing is clear in this regard—people want more video. A Cisco study shows that video traffic will be 82 percent of all web and mobile traffic, both business and consumer, by 2022. Other studies indicate that video is particularly important to millennials, who are becoming an important target for B2C companies and even B2B companies, as the younger generations advance in their careers.
Mobile is another important trend to consider when creating your content. People are glued to their smartphones, and their attention spans are short—content should reflect that in both design and length.
When to Get Help
Our clients count on us to know their business and their customers inside and out. We research topics and interview the client’s subject matter experts as needed. We write copy, shoot and edit videos, and create infographics, ebooks, white papers and other content assets as needed to showcase our clients’ unique value.